How to Apply
LL.M. in Elder Law
Visit the tabs below to learn about the application requirements for the LL.M. in Elder Law:
Applicants are directed to send completed applications to the attention of the program director. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Your application for the LL.M. in Elder Law will be complete upon receipt of the following:
- Completed application for admission.
(Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.)
- $55 application fee
- Personal statement explaining your interest in the program
- Two letters of recommendation
- A certified copy of your transcript from the institution which awarded (or will award) your J.D.
All materials should be sent to:
University of Kansas School of Law
Office of Admissions
1535 W. 15th Street
Lawrence, KS 66045-7608
Attn: LLM program
Applicants are required to:
- hold a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- a minimum 2.5 GPA in J.D. course work (4.0 scale, potentially waivable if applicant has been out of law school more than 5 years)
- a demonstrated interest in elder law and the potential to complete the program successfully.
Tuition & Fees
At this time, LL.M. candidates will be assessed costs, fees and tuition equal to those assessed J.D. students. A special fee or fees applied to graduate students may also be assessed.