Copyright/Fair Use Information
If you wish to use articles, videos, images, chapters, etc. as class materials, and you have questions, please visit some of these sites:
- KU Handbook for Faculty and Other Unclassified Staff (see G.4 COPYRIGHT PROCEDURES) for information on how to get material for classroom use as well as how to copyright one's own material.
- Digital Millenium Copyright Act - policy and procedures implementing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act on the Lawrence campus.
- Copyright Questions Answered through the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Information Services.
- A Brief Copyright Guide for KUMC Educators is a summary and explanation of existing copyright law and regulations.
- Questions and Answers on Copyright for the Campus Community, ©2002, Association of American Publishers, National Association of College Stores, and the Software & Information Industry Association.
- The Copyright Website
- Copyright Clearance Center Online
- Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia
- Performance of or Showing Films in the Classroom from Association of Research Libraries.